[GeoStL] The 'Freelist Geocaching Newsgroup'

  • From: "Jack Konecker" <jackkonecker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 19:09:26 -0600

-
I personally back any decision that Glenn makes on who
can join 'his' list and who he wants to 'moderate'.  Since I
am no longer SLAGA President  (anyone want to know
the whole story? - just ask me), I can back Glenn's decision
as just an ordinary geocacher like the rest of you all
without having some nut claim that SLAGA supports
censorship.
How anyone can say that  Glenn is bullying anyone here
is beyond me.  Those are the people who are taking a
priviledge for granted.

Heck, myotis jumped down my throat because he thought
it was me who moderated him here.  Even after I explained
I have no control over this list, he went and slandered
me on his web site with lie after lie.  I haven't heard
any apology from him, so I supposed he still believes
such.  You can't reason with irrational behavior.  Talk
about taking a priviledge for granted.  Look where
that got him.  I digress ...

To clarify, all members of SLAGA do not read these
messages and all people who read these messages aren't
necessarily SLAGA members.  I would think that because
anyone could be reading this stuff, we'd be more careful
with our responses.  One of these people might be a
potential employer or someone you might end up needing
a favor from in the future.

I posted something on the MOGEO forums the other day
and it was removed by one of the forum moderators.
I sent an email to the moderator saying 'no problem -
I respect your judgement'.  Did I jump up and down
decrying censorship and say I was being denied my
'free speech' rights?  No.  It wasn't that big a deal
to me.  If it was important enough for me to have
my issue heard, I'd go somewhere where there was
someone who WANTED to listen to it.

I come here because I want to listen to stuff about
geocaching and to share positive experiences with
my geocaching friends.  Give me more of that.

Again, Glenn has my support.  This newsgroup is
here because of him.  Let's not have a few bad
apples spoil it (or SLAGA) for everyone.

Paul Konopacki
(down, but not out)