[GeoStL] Re: "The Complete Guide to Geocaching" video

  • From: Mike Lusicic <lusicic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 23:00:27 -0500

- I think my ex got it, and we may have seen it while we were down there (in Mississippi). Just got back last Thursday night, and I have been running ever since. The rains that came while we were gone washed out my driveway. Anyway, it was interesting, but I don't think you will learn very much from it unless you are a beginner. It is pretty fair at that. I would get a copy just to loan out to friends who are interested as an intro.

There were some criticism I had of it, but I kept them to myself, and now I don't remember much what they were. I think one of them was they had done some things to make the run length longer that they could have done without and made it better. A few times I remember thinking.... OK already, get to the next segment. I think one example is they have the narrator walk up to the camera then begin talking. I think the walk could have been half as long. Other than that it was pretty good. There was some bonus stuff that the other folks watched while I went off and did some chores, so I cannot comment on those things. I know that some of it was an interview with the original first cache hider, and a picture of the plaque they put there to mark the spot.

That is about all I can remember right now. We also had a "weekly" meeting at work today, and I was gone for three weeks so I have already been through the exercise of trying to remember the last three weeks. Right about now, my mind is mush, so I apologize for not giving a more lucent critique.

Jack Konecker wrote:

I am thinking about buying this.  If anyone has already viewed it,
let me know what you think.  Is it worth $16.95 ($19.60 with shipping)?

Since I have already entered the world of geocaching video production,
I thought I would see what others have done.

(konopapw)

**************************************** Our WebPage! Http://WWW.GeoStL.com Mail List Info. //www.freelists.org/list/geocaching Mail List FAQ's: //www.freelists.org/help/questions.html **************************************** To unsubscribe from this list: send an email to geocaching-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field