[GeoStL] The Best Of Series

  • From: "tnsl" <sydstyr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Geocaching Freelist" <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 18:16:09 -0600

Somewhere I remember reading some of the ideas for the 2008 "Best Of" series ..
 was one of the proposals to include a category for photographs?  Maybe a
category for Local Cachers taking Local Pictures and Local Cachers Taking
Pictures Outside of the SLAGA area -- of course by extension we then get Out of
Area Cachers taking pictures Locally, but NOT Out of Area cachers taking
pictures of out of area caches -- because really who cares right ??  LOL

Anyway ..  what brought this to mind was a photo I just ran across checking
those undone caches near our house. It's from Fact Finding Family Four (F4
Father)

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=b0ab844b-4f94-46b6-83c0-4c87e894977d

To make things interesting, a few "invented" categories could be created now --
to give people a chance to work on them:

Best Picture Taken at a Light Pole or similar Generic Micro Location

Best Use of "Trick Photography"  ie: "Look Ma -- I'm Holding up the ARCH"

Regardless of the inclusion of the category or  not, I still thought I'd point
out a nice, local picture that otherwise might be overlooked.  A great picture
is as considerate, IMHO, as a well created log.  If someone takes the time to
upload a picture-- you've really provided them with something special.

Nancy