[GeoStL] Re: Tennessee cachers blow through town

  • From: "Bruce S" <bruces1321@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 19:01:33 -0500

In reference to the tank it is easy. No hills to climb. Very short walk. No trees to mess with your gps reception. You can see the tank from a couple hundred yards away. You just have to look in the right place and the cache it right there. I checked on it today and even though it fell down a little after RGS found it, I found it in less than 30 seconds. :-)... Where should I put my next one... I know I put a gray one in a pile of rip rap rocks.... Just kidding... Micros take a different skill set than regular ones do. I find most of mine by touch rather than sight.

In reference to JoGPS and Southpaw, Jo said he will sometimes take a week to log caches. I think he told me he had 13 finds on Saturday, and Southpaw had 21. They had gone back to some that Jo had found on earlier trips but Southpaw had not found.

From: Paul Konopacki <konopapw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [GeoStL] Re: Tennessee cachers blow through town
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 18:17:26 -0500

What's up with all the new caches appearing in St. Peters
and St. Charles?!  RGS got 10 *easy* finds today
Well, I'm not sure how easy 'tankyou' is :-)

The last time I went out caching for the day, I had to
drive 345 miles in 13 hours for 6 caches!