[GeoStL] Table Rock Lake Island Caching

  • From: Bob TheCacher <cachefinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 09:57:28 -0500

I know I've talked about this trip to several cachers with positive feedback.
I'm considering sponsoring a trip to Table Rock Lake in which we would rent a
pontoon boat (or 2) and do the 7 caches around the lake, most on islands.  The
resort we would stay at would be Big Cedar Lodge off of HW 86.  (You can stay
wherever you want, but the boat would be at their marina) Big Cedar Lodge has
anything from motel style rooms to 3 bedroom cabins.

In addition to the lake caches, there are 13 other caches on Big Cedar Property
which will keep you entertained.  Plus there are plenty more in the surrounding
area including Branson area.

With all of that being said, I'm looking at the weekend of Nov 2, 3 and 4.  The
pontoon boat rental would be on Saturday the 3rd with a "rain date" of Sunday
morning the 4th.

If I get good reception on this event (yes there will be an Event Cache too)
I'll set it up.  Let me know if you are interested in running around Table Rock
Lake and doing the local caches.
Thanks
Bob Pratt
BBD1