[GeoStL] Re: TREEmendous caches after September 30

  • From: Tom Wolpert <tom_wolpert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 16:47:45 -0700 (PDT)

Don't mean to make it sound like they'll all disappear with the signs. I know
I'll be keeping a lot of mine. But some of them would be tough to fix.  In
the case of regular caches, the containers are on the back of the sign.  A lot
of these are in high-traffic areas that aren't cache-friendly -- like the
center
quad at SIUE or the manicured front lawn of an academic building at Lewis and
Clark CC. We'd be hard-put to find someplace else to put some of these.
Others,
like the ones on the Arch gounds, likely wouldn't be permitted by the land
manager in the absence of the sign.  The multis are more likely to survive
(land
managers permitting).  They depend on info on the signs, but we can move that
stuff to the cache pages.  We'll just have to see.

Tom