[GeoStL] Re: Suing the government

  • From: "Greg & Bobbi Crouch" <mo_crouchs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 17:02:24 -0500

-
Just because we have a right to sue, and just because they have no legal
justification for denying us the use of their land, doesn't mean we SHOULD
sue them. You know the old saying, you attract more bees with honey...

Who's land it it again. Last I checked I was a tax paying citizen and unless
I've been seriously misslead that's how the parks are funded. I do
understand the sensitive area issue, but come on, Ft. Leonard Wood lies
right smack in the middle of MTNF and they don't think that causes major
damage to the envirenment. Don't missunderstand me, I'm all for elite
millitary. I live on private property in MTNF and before they say I can't
use non-sensitive public recreation land they should make the people who
live near me clean up their land. I have a pond which is only about 8 feet
over on my side of the line and my neighbor threw an old engine in it and
dead dogs. I contacted the authorities and nothing was done about it.
Somewhere someone got their priorities all out of whack. I'm not sure what
side of the fence I stand on as far as sueing issue but I do agree something
has to be done so it is either one way or the other. Prefferably our way. I
wouldn't want to invest 15 or 20 bucks in a cache and put it out relying one
park official saying it was kosher and then have another come behind me and
pick it up. Hope i didn't make anyone too upset.
    Greg ( HereFishyFishy )

Subject field