[GeoStL] Subject lines & message contents

  • From: "Dave" <deltabravoromeo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 04:26:20 -0600

Evidently, I have commented on something that is a long-standing and recurring
item of contention within the newsgroup without being aware of it.  Human
nature being what it, I should have seen it coming.

While it is a waste of time to open messages with mismatched subject lines and
only takes a second or two to realize what has happened, that time is still
spent sometimes learning little bits of information that I otherwise would not
have gotten and I consider it time spent returning a marginal but still
profitable result.

Perhaps I am old-school in this, but the time I truly lament being wasted is
the time by the sender not being willing to expend a minimum of courtesy and
thoughtfulness for his/her readers before sending out such messages.

And Steven, believe me, a quick observation about this topic is not even close
to what you term a complaint -- it takes much more than this to get me going...

Have a good day, everyone.

Dave Rawls
(DumLuck