[GeoStL] Re: Streets and Trips program

  • From: James Shilt <webscouter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2005 01:27:32 -0600

-
The Streets and Trips GPS locator has a gps unit that allows the laptop
to be used as a navigator. This would function the same as hooking your
current GPS to Streets and Trips standard and running that. The
advantage of GPS locator is that if you have a laptop in the car you
don't have to keep connecting and disconnecting your gps as you head off
into the bush to retrieve your treasures.

Jim

Jen wrote:

>-
>I was looking up info on this after the meeting however I am finding differant
>versions of the program.
>Which do you use.  I would just like to plan my trip before leaving home.
>
>Here are links to 2 items on ebay both are Streets and Trips 2005
>
>This one is just titled Microsoft Streets and Trips 2005
>
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=51342&item=7132448188&rd=1
>
>The following item says it is Streets and Trips GPS locator software
>
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=73332&item=5748941689&rd=1
>
>I do not have a laptop.  From what I have read I am thinking the last item the
>GPS locator software is for laptops?  Please correct me if I am wrong.
>
>I was discussing this software at the meeting however I haven't a clue which
>version I need.
>
>Thanks for any help,
>Jen
>

>-- Attached file included as plaintext by Ecartis --
>-- Desc: "AVG certification"

>Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.

> Subject field

Subject field