[GeoStL] Re: Street cars and light rail systems of the past.

  • From: Mike Lusicic <lusicic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 12:32:30 -0500

-

That was the Chain of Rocks amusement park.

Edwin Biesemeyer wrote: - Ther is a small book available at the National
Museum of Transport on Barrett Station Road north of Big Bend. A gentleman
who worked there wrote it before he died. The book is about the St. Louis
area light rail that used to transport people from the city to the water
plant on Riverview as well as the old amusement park that used to be up
thereon the hill overlooking the river. In the spring of 2005 I helped with
the funeral of the book's author and they had these books available at the
funeral. I think they are still available at the museum as well. I know they
were there last fall. -Edwin "What can you do for God today that it is going
to take Him to get it done?" --------------------------------- Yahoo!
Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries)
for 2&cent;/min or less. **************************************** For List
Info or To make _ANY_ changes, including unsubscribing from this list, click
-----> //www.freelists.org/list/geocaching[1] Missouri Caches Scheduled
to be Archived http://tinyurl.com/87cqw[2]

--- Links ---
   1 //www.freelists.org/list/geocaching