[GeoStL] Storm

  • From: Jack Anderson <pandyandy3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 12:18:07 -0700 (PDT)

-
Most of South County is still without power.  We in Affton lost power last
night sometime before 7:00PM, got home and the garage door would not go up.
Hunkered down through the storm and word spread that a tornado touched down
near Jefferson Barricks.  Trees down all over, no stop lights at any
intersections and some guys are just driving right through without stopping,
real stupid.
  Last night I checked my son's house in Lemay, he is on his honeymoon, and he
has power so this morning I packed up my 85 year old father and we went over
there to stay.  My wife is now up at the nursing home on Green Park Road with
her mother, checking on her father and luckily they have power.
  Ameren U.E. estimates power might be back on after 6:00PM tonight or maybe 2
or 3 days from now, just depends on when they get to you.
  I think if we can get through the heat today and tonight at my son's then we
can go back home.