[GeoStL] Re: St. Louis County Park Closures

  • From: Susan Ring <susanmring@xxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 10:10:47 -0500

Thanks for the youtube link, Mike.  I need to check out this show :-)

Anyway, my opinions about the why of the situation aren't productive.  I just
hope that plenty of St Louis County folks will speak up.

A "Friends of the Parks" group is a great idea, even if they find a way to keep
more parks open.  Maybe it could start with a coalition of all the various
groups that use the parks heavily:  geocachers, StL Kayaking group,
trailrunners, boaters (George Winter park), swimmers (a couple of pools are
closing, too) etc.  The "Friends" concept works well for the Zoo, Botanical
Garden, St Charles Library District and many more public institutions.  Leads
to cool fundraising events, too :-)

Susan