[GeoStL] Re: St. Louis County Park Closures

  • From: Mike Lusicic <lusicic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2011 17:25:38 -0500

-
The airport was purchased with taxpayers money. Try walking into some part of the airport without permission. The governor's office was purchased with taxpayers money. I don't think just anyone could walk into that either. Just because we paid for it doesn't mean we can use it as we please.

On 11/2/2011 5:06 PM, Mr. EX-President wrote:
That's an interesting statement, ED. I would have a hard time believing they would put up no trespassing signs. I believe they would just close the gates and you would enter at your own risk. There just wouldn't be any facilities open or water available, no cut grass, etc. The property was purchased by taxpayers money. Could they force us to stay out?

Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 08:32:38 -0500
From: n0wnv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [GeoStL] Re: St. Louis County Park Closures

I guess if they (St Louis County) close the parks I guess there will be no trespassing and all the caches will have to come out of there and a lot of unhappy cachers who search for them.

On 11/2/2011 6:05 AM, Dan Baldenweck wrote:

    St. Louis County is proposing closing some parks because of a
    budgetary shortfall.  The list includes some of the biggies:  West
    Tyson, Greensfelder, Lone Elk, Simpson...and many more.

    Here's a map:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&vpsrc=6&ctz=300&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=211388461394182029991.0004b0b1e3d928ccdeb1d&t=m&ll=38.659778,-90.43396&spn=0.53618,0.75531&z=10&source=embed

<http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&vpsrc=6&ctz=300&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=211388461394182029991.0004b0b1e3d928ccdeb1d&t=m&ll=38.659778%2c-90.43396&spn=0.53618%2c0.75531&z=10&source=embed>

Missouri Geocachers Calendar --->