[GeoStL] Re: St. Louis Arch Virtual

  • From: Glenn <Glenn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 21:59:13 -0500

-
It is not a drive by, that's for sure. If you are equating "virtual cache" with "fast and easy", you will disappointed. The days of getting "drive by", "fast and easy" VC's approved are over. The goal of the cache was to get you to the arch grounds and to actually go around and see the stuff that is there. I believe that it met its goal. Again, this is not a cache that you can drive past and catch a date off a plaque. It seems fairly clear from reading over all the stuff that has to be done that it would take some time.

I give it an 8, it had good rhythm and was easy to dance to.

glenn

At 09:48 PM 9/11/2003, Eric & Dayna East wrote:

-
This has got to be one of  if not the worst cache i've ever done! Way
too much time & work for a virtual!!!
I was expecting a really great cache experience after reading the logs
but, we were very disappointed over all. We did enjoy the area though.
:-)
What do you guys think of this one? Are we in the minority?

Oh, by the way, I saw something really cool tonight when we stopped at
McDonalds @ Mexico & Salt Lick(?) Rds. There was a young guy standing on
the corner with a big sign reading Honk For America!

God bless!

Eric