[GeoStL] Re: Springfield MO Geocaching Trip

  • From: "Bob TheCacher" <cachefinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 10:30:36 -0500

-
TO ALL: This morning I completed the Cache Page for the upcoming Springfield, MO Cache Adventure/Meet and Greet and submitted it to Glenn for review and posting. The GC number will be: GC15F7E. Please keep your eye on the listing as it will come out shortly. This is an "Event" cache.
thanks,
BBD1  (Bob)

From: "Bob TheCacher" <cachefinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [GeoStL] Springfield MO Geocaching Trip
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 10:34:09 -0500

-
Just thought I'd bring you up to date on the upcoming Oct 27/27/28 Springfield, MO geocaching event I'm setting up.

I just concluded negotiations with several motels in The Springfield area and have established a super rate with the Best Western - Dearfield Inn. Normal rate was $79/night, I negotiated a rate of $54. They are located at HW 65 and Battlefield roads intersections. Address is 3343 E. Battlefield, Springfield, MO 65804. They provided the best price/value/amenities including: free wireless internet, indoor pool, hot tub and would comp the meeting room if we wanted it. To get this excellent rate please call 417-887-2323 and state Group Confirmation Number 801708, or tell them you are with the "St. Louis Geocaching Assn." At that time you will make your individual reservations and secure your personal confirmation number. Contact Randy Nottle if you have any problems with your reservation, he is our group coordinator. You can visit their web page by using Google and typing in "Best Western Dearfield Inn" and see all they have to offer. THIS RATE IS ONLY GOOD TILL OCT 12TH) After that the rate goes up to $79 when they release the rooms I'm holding.

I'm also working with Hemmingway's Restaurant located in the Bass Pro Shop at this time for dinner Saturday night (the 27th of Oct) for a group rate/room there. That will be the "official" logable cache event. More to come on that.

As soon as I conclude discussions with Hemmingway's I'll establish this as an "Event" cache on geocaching.com. Meanwhile if you know you want to join us this weekend, please contact the Best Western motel and make your reservations.

More to come as plans are solidified.  Stay tuned!
BBD1  (Bob)