[GeoStL] Someone like us!!

  • From: "GC-RGS" <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GC-maillist" <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 18:01:24 -0600

Below is a log from the KC Geocaching News page

It looks like we have someone who likes the way we do things. Group caches,
impromptu get togethers, and fun. We all enjoy ourselves and it's nice to see
that Dufer recognizes that we all have fun, and that he enjoyed his time in
Jeff city.

Thanks Ed, for the plug!

Rich

      February 8 by Dufer (114 found)
      Hello
      We started in Nov 2003 and have been having a blast! We traveled to Jeff
      city to the potluck and had lots of fun there too. One of the things that
      have noticed is that the St louis geocachers have a blast! It was fun out
      running in to the groups (hoards) of geocachers on group cach. I joined
      their news letter and there is always some kind of chatter on it. I know
it
      makes some mad because it fills their email boxes but I like to read
through
      it.( theres good and bad with everything) While in Jeff City we met Brian
      and Carlin. We went to the breakfast in KC and had a good time! Got to put
      faces with names. With as many people as were at the breakfast I wonder
why
      the KC side of the state isnt as active as the St Louis side is. They have
      sporradic group caching that seems to pop up with no good reason, they
talk
      alot back and forth and have a good time with it.They even have a member
who
      is comitted to buy everyone in the group a new garmin 60cs ( as soon as he
      wins the powerball) I see no reason why the KC side dosent do this? The
most
      email activity lately had beed spurred by CCDAWG with the emails about
      TNLNSL. I would like to see a regular gathering ( CC's sounds great to me
      till we out grow that) where we could get together enjoy a little
geocaching
      fellowship and maybe do some group caching. I live an hour north of Kansas
      City and to me it really dosent matter where we got together, because I am
      interested enough in geocaching that I would travel. I would like to see
the
      KC emblem agreed upon and be able to wear it on stuff. Nice meeting all
sat
      morning, and that was my 2 cents worth

      Ed