[GeoStL] Re: So I want to host a flash mob on 08-08-08...now what?

  • From: Glenn Nash <glenn.geocachingadmin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 07:58:52 -0500

well, to answer your question. What you need to do is to go out and ask for them. Tell the vendors what you are doing and see it they have any spare promo stuff.

In the past I have had good luck with some places and not so good luck with others. The alpine shop is impossible, fill out forms, talk to managers, meet at the board meting. they just wear you down and nothing ever happens. Tried several years in a row, same thing. REI is better and they are a geocaching.com advertiser.

Small stores may be good too. Wal mart maybe, bass pro... you will get told no a lot, and yes a few times. A few times is all you need. SOme people are better at it. I am personally terrible. There is (was) a cacher in town that would routinely turn up with GPS'r s and good prizes. I would end up with an empty bag of air.

Give it a shot, all they can say is no.

glenn

I stillhave not gotten any answers to my original question of how I get prize donations and such. Can anybody give me some pointers on this?

Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 16:53:08 -0700
From: pandyandy3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [GeoStL] Re: So I want to host a flash mob on 08-08-08...now what?
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

besides 08:08PM is actually 20:08, the only 08:08 is in the AM.

Kirk Yates <kirk.yates@xxxxxxx> wrote:
-
Reply: Friday, July 11, 2008, 10:12:16 PM

Sunset is 8:03 p.m. on 08/08

Hey now...get outa my head! My current plans is for it to be at 08:08 PM This is the time that most events seem to be happening that day. Besides, that way I (and I hope many others) won't have to worry about that whole annoying work thing!

Making the world a better place one message at a time. Check out the i'm Talkathon.