[GeoStL] Snakes

  • From: Elkie <elkcooker44@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 00:47:35 -0700 (PDT)

A hog nose will rare up and spread its head too. We called them spread heads or
spread adders when I was a kid. They are totally harmless they just use the
scare tactics.
Most of the snakes in Mo are non poisonous anyway.  Snakes "smell" vibrations
and if you just shuffle your feet and make a little noise they will be more
than happy to leave you alone. Wear leather high top boots and don't stick your
hands into dark holes or under rocks without checking them out with a stick
first. No one in Mo has ever died from a copperhead bite. It hurts and swells
and makes you wish you could die but you wont.

Life is way to short to take serious.