[GeoStL] Re: Service Project Details

  • From: Bernie <happykraut@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 17:27:13 -0600

-
   I'll be there to help out. The conservation departments have been pretty
good to us and I think we need to give something in return. I really believe
that we need to get more involved in community projects.   Bernie
Mike Griffin wrote: - Jon got his service project approved on Monday night
soI thought I would share the details... Date and Time: Saturday, January
29th at 8:30am. Place: BK Leach Conservation Area - Elsberry, MO Needed:
People with a desire to help the conservation department and who have GPS
skills! We will meet at 8:30 at the maintenance shed at BK Leach
conservationarea. If you would like to help out here is what we will be
doing... There are currently 40 wood duck houses that need to be installed.
It is no more than just hammering nails into the trees. There will be plenty
of people to help out and we are forming 4 person teams. Almost all of these
houses will be installed on dry land. There are 10 that will need to go into
a marshy area but no water will be over 2 feet deep. Therefore, if you have
some waders or tall boots, it will be perfect. If not, don't worry about it
as 30 of the houses will be installed on dry land. I will check with Glenn
and see if we can make this an event. Since this is a service project for BK
Leach, I don't see why we couldn't have it as an event. Everyone is invited
and I think this is more justified than a camping trip. Please let me know
ifyou can make the 29th. I could really use the help marking the waypoints
ofthe trees. Thanks! Mike Griffin ****************************************
Our WebPage! Http://WWW.GeoStL.com[1] Mail List Info.
//www.freelists.org/list/geocaching[2] Mail List FAQ's:
//www.freelists.org/help/questions.html[3]
Subject field

--- Links ---