[GeoStL] Re: Sad News for the geocaching world and for Thunder_Monk

  • From: thejones crew <shitsngrins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 21:00:20 -0500

Dan,

It is never easy to deal with saying goodbye to somebody that you love. There
is little that others can do to ease your pain. I pray that knowing so many
people are thinking of your entire family will help to provide at least some
comfort. The love you express for him is a tribute to his memory.

Arlene (JonesCrew)

On Apr 9, 2009, at 6:16 PM, Dan Henke wrote:

To all my friends in the geocaching world,

My brother Jim otherwise known as jim_geocacher passed away on Tuesday night.
He was as far as we know in the peak of health (exercising everyday, lifting
weights, eating nothing but organic foods and generally taking good care of
himself) and yet at work Tuesday he got back from lunch and was going back to
his machine (he worked in a factory in JC)...his coworkers say that he suddenly
stiffened up and just collapsed...he could not be resusciatated. They worked on
him for over an hour, shocking and doing CPR...all to no avail. My family and I
all were at the hospital and sat with him for several hours before any of us
could force ourselves to leave. Even though we knew he was gone we kept hoping
that he would suddenly "wake up" and get off the table.

He enjoyed geocaching when he was into it full time and I believe several of
you met him at some of the Jeff City and Columbia events from several years
ago. He and I went several times together and it was always a blast.

GLENN: Jim still has 5 or 6 caches that are active in the JC area and if
possible I would like to find people to adopt them but keep them in Jim's name
to honor  his memory.
I will probably adopt the painted rock cache myself and try diligently to
maintain it as a memorial to my brother.

I appreciate any help with the caches and I really do appreciate my geocaching
friends more and more every  day...Have a great Easter and say a little prayer
for my family if you are inclined to

Thank you

Dan "Thunder_Monk" Henke

Glenn