[GeoStL] Re: ST. CHARLES CITY parks and cache-friendly travel

  • From: "Wayne Lindberg" <alindb01@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 21:09:07 -0500

-
Susan

I'm looking forward to the opportunity to help.

I don't believe I've been in a city and most small towns that aren't or
probably would be cache friendly, if someone asked.  Huntsville, AL,
Louisville and Lexington, KY, the tidewater area of VA, anything due north
of here up to Minneapolis, MN are very good.  Savannah, GA is cache-rich,
especially the old town, with lots of history presented to the cacher.  Most
recently, I was in Newark, DE, where there was a lamppost micro in the
parking lot of the Embassy Suites where I stayed, and many in the city and
county parks nearby, as well as several on the UofD campus within walking
distance of the hotel.  I've so far  had more caches than I had time to do
when work wasn't interfering with the fun.  I have to pace myself when
driving I-64, in order to make my destination at a reasonable hour.

My next trip should be mid-May along I-70 to the east coast.  If anyone has
a favorite cache reasonably near the interstate, I'd be interested to know
about it.

Wayne