[GeoStL] SPOT Locator

  • From: Glenn Nash <glenn.geocachingadmin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SLAGA <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 13:49:22 -0600

-
A while back I think I mentioned Star Trax GPS tracking in relation to
tracking motorcycles around the country. About that time I think I
also mentioned the SPOT Locators
http://www.findmespot.com/en/

They are way cheaper than the star trax but didn't have a track record
at the time.

The idea of the SPOT locator is that the device will send a signal
that others can track to see that you are OK. YOu call also send out a
"send help" signal. This could be handy for all sorts of things like
backwoods geocaching adventures.

Here is one guys use as he  is traveling cross country to florida.
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0Kk26HNuSYqUijBHEreTagsmtGLavNsB5

West Marine had these for under a hundred dollars lately.

Your friendly Missouri Geocache Review team,
Glenn (*gln) & Reviewer of the Cache (RotC)