[GeoStL] Re: SLAGA website down?

  • From: "Paul Konopacki" <konopapw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 15:11:00 -0500

-
Apparently, byzhosting moved some servers. (In my experience,
byzhosting will not proactively inform their customers when stuff
like this happens.)  I do not have any idea what issue there is with
Verizon, as Irene mentions, below.
I sent this to byzhosting (our web host) at 8:37am this morning:
"I can't get to any pages.  What is the best way for the webmaster to
find out what is wrong and when it will be back up?  We had this occur
last week sometime, too."

Here is the response from the sales dept at 10:50am (I sent the original request
to the tech. dept):

" Hello,
Because of the recent Verizon issues and the risk of further major
downtime involving verizon as our uplink provider in our NJ Data Center,
we are moving servers to a new location. More information can be found
at our status page at
http://www.byzhosting.com/company/network/status.php
Verizon has caused us a lot of problems and network issues and we are
taking precautions to avoid future issues.
We are working as fast as possible to restore all servers and we thank
you for your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.
Best Regards,
Irene"

If you go to the link she provided, the status at the moment is:
New Jersey Data Center
Network Status: Operational
Recent News: Servers move has been completed, All servers have been restored,
up and operational.

Subject field