[GeoSTL] Re: SLAGA vs. GeoStl.com

  • From: Rudy Johnston <rudyjhnstn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 13:04:23 -0700 (PDT)

Yikes! Enough already!

As an outsider that has the good fortune of being
listed as a member on the St. Louis Area Geocachers
website..though earning something for reading all the
e-mails that show up on my computer everyday... let me
give my perspective on this subject.

Since beginning the geocaching adventure a few months
ago, I have spent countless hours gathering
information.  This has involved everything from random
selection of zip codes, discussion groups, to
extensive searches for web pages dedicated to
geocaching.

The St. Louis Area Geocachers (SLAGA)appear to have
one of the best web sites (geostl.com)that represents
a group of people with common interest that are more
than willing to share their experiences with anyone
who happens upon their site.  This website is a
reflection of you as a group, but does not define the
group itself.  As a marketing professional that has
gone through many a company name changes and web page
strategies, I have learned that it is important to
understand the purpose of a web page, and not to be
consumed by the url in relationship to the identity of
the group it represents.

If you don't like the acronym (SLAGA), proudly
proglaim yourselves as the St. Louis Area Geocachers
who happen to share their experiences on their webpage
... geostl.com.  By the way to an uninitiated that
sounds like a web page for rock hounds.

Paul - I have discussed the effort that must be put
forth to develop and maintain a site such as
geostl.com... you are to be commended for the untolfd
number of hours you have put in top make this one of
the best geocaching sites out there.  I send almost
everyone I am introducing to geocaching to your
website, as it truly reflects what this is all about.
Not sure I want to enclurage them to get in on the
e-mail strings though...

again, my two cents worth.

Txsyank
Rudy