[GeoSTL] Re: SLAGA vs. GeoStl.com

  • From: "Jen Guyer" <nyisutter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 14:29:43 -0500

If I am talking to a cacher/other person who isn't a SLAGA member, I say St.
Louis Geocachers. If I am talking to a member, I say SLAGA. If I am telling
them about the website, I say www.geostl.com. They all work :).

Just like for years I have refered to my favorite website, which has the URL
of www.kidbrothers.net and the name of Calling Out Your Name, as COYN. Every
once in a while, I have to explain to a newcomer to the related mailing list
what the heck a COYN is. But 99% of the time, my short cut is understood.
Other members call it by its URL, others say the whole name. To each their
own.

I find if you are on the internet very long, acroynms become common place
and handy. It doesn't bother me to take 2 seconds to explain one if needed.

I wouldn't change any names, but no reason you *have to refer to it by
letters when speaking to others.

Jen

Our NEW WebPage!   WWW.GeoStL.com
Mail List & Archive Info.
Msg. of the day, "These days, I spend a lot of time thinking about the
hereafter...
I go somewhere to get something and then wonder what I'm here after.