[GeoStL] Re: SLAGA summer picnic

  • From: Mike Lusicic <lusicic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 10:46:16 -0500

- Cannot make it 9th or 10th. Might be able to make it later on the 16th. Afternoon of 17 th free.

GC-RGS wrote:
Anyone up for a picnic in July?

Our random Friday lunches seem to be a big success so maybe we can have a get-together and picnic on a Sat. or Sunday in July. Maybe even Glenn can make this one!

I've talked with the city of Crestwood and they will donate the shelter (holds 75) at Whitecliff park located next to a playground and the new pool/water park. They will also give us vouchers for those that want to go in the pool area at the Crestwood residents price, $3 for kids and seniors, $4 for everyone else.

This in no way is intended to take away from all the work and planning Jen and Matt are doing for the Fall picnic at Onondaga SP. There will be NO attendance prizes, auctions, or any of the normal activities. Park has 3, maybe 4 permanent caches and we will place some event caches back along the trails in the woods.

The intent of this is like our lunches but on a weekend when more can attend. Everyone would bring their own food and drinks, as in a normal picnic. The shelter has 2 small pits and a large one so SLAGA could provide charcoal for anyone wanting to cook burgers, brats, or ? And anyone wanting to bring a dish to share is fine but not necessary.

That's it in a nutshell. Toss the idea around and let me know what you think. I'll need to get the shelter reserved soon since I'm sure the list of open dates are getting short. I'm thinking about either July 9, 10, 16 or 17.

Rich

PS. Our next scheduled lunch is June 17th at the Greek church along the 270 west outer road between Manchester and Clayton. Don't forget, anyone can pick another location and day, Just send an email to the list and we'll be there.
**************************************** Our WebPage! Http://WWW.GeoStL.com Mail List Info. //www.freelists.org/list/geocaching Mail List FAQ's: //www.freelists.org/help/questions.html **************************************** To unsubscribe from this list: send an email to geocaching-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field