[GeoStL] Re: SLAGA business: What is the status of ...

  • From: "GC-RGS" <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 22:21:40 -0600

-
Well, the presentation is done, well 95% done. Still no volunteers for the
presentation or the outdoor part. Main "expertise" needed is creating a WP,
entering a WP from given coords, creating a track, and then using that track
to backtrack to the beginning. And of course answering normal questions,
like "which brand is best"? :-)

The day of the $499 projector seems to be gone, although when I tried to buy
it (last day of sale) I was told that it was unavailable and couldn't even
be ordered and they never carried that model. Office Depot had the ad.
Cheapest I've found one is the Toshiba model for $649 at Sam's. With the
newer models out, I'd have thought they would start dropping in price. Maybe
we can find a rich uncle or benefactor.

so far it looks Like Dan is taking care of the CITO at Sherman Beach/Al
Foster trail on Sat. April 22 (same day as our 1st GPS class). Hopefully
everyone will shoot over to Greensfelder as soon as CITO's over.

201/tech session has been postponed until after MOGA I think. Mad chef is
still handling that, I think. And with the new Garmin x series is opens up a
lot of questions about the custom POI's, overcoming the WP limits, GSAK not
working with the new Garmin x USB protocol, etc. This may take more than 1
session? :-)