[GeoStL] SLAGA awards

  • From: Tom <lobocs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 09:35:20 -0700 (PDT)

Since I am fairly new to SLAGA (4 months now), I was wondering if SLAGA
presents awards (nominated and voted on by the membership) for caches in the
region?

  Before moving here, I lived in western NC and worked in upsate SC (yes, I
know OzGuff), and the geocaching group in upstate SC (USCGA) presented awards
each year, as I have pasted below from their forum. I think this would be a
great idea to recognize the cache owners in the region, if it is not already
being done. Maybe we can put this on the agenda for the Summer picnic if it is
a new, or improved, idea.

  Lobocs (Tom)
  1/3 of Team S.A.G.E.

  (Copied from the Upstate South Carolina Geocachers Association)
  The Smiley Awards

The Smiley Awards will be presented annually at the Janurary meeting of the
USCGA.

Nominations will be taken from the September meeting until the November meeting.

After the nominations are annouced at the November meeting the voting will
begin.

Votes will be entered on the forum through a polling category.

Voting will continue until the deadline of Janurary 1. Each USCGA member will
vote for a cache in each catergory for a total of nine votes per member.

You must be on the memberlist of the USCGA forum to be eligible to vote.

If you are listed as a geocaching team, your team will have just one vote in
each catergory. 9 awards to be given in three catergories. Micro, Regular, and
Puzzle/Mystery caches.

The awards will be for: Most Creative, Most Difficult, Best Liked.

Caches will be eligible to be nominated and eligible to win in more than one
catergory. Once a cache has won a Smiley Award it will not be eligible to be
nominated in that catergory in which it won again. It will be eligible to be
nominated in catergories in which it has not won.
All caches hidden in the ten counties represented by the USCGA are eligible for
a Smiley Award. The caches that win will be eligible to display on their cache
page a Smiley Award Icon, with the acknowledgement of the catergory in which
they won.

always stay connected to friends.