[GeoSTL] SLAGA Territory

  • From: Paul Konopacki <konopapw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 19:25:45 -0500

http://www.geostl.com/SLAGATerritory_Modal.html

Click on this link and tell me what you think.  The issue
is What is the SLAGA Territory?

At first, I was making a judgement call on what caches
were in the Territory, to determine if it should appear
on our New Caches page, Archived Caches page or
Featured Cache section.

Then I write some code to take advantage of a 'Distance
by Zip Code' calculation.  The Territory is now
based on a Zip Code of 63102 for a distance of
125 miles in all directions.  This amounts to a circle
with a 250 mile radius around the city of St. Louis
(see the images in the link above).

A smaller circle would jeapardize Rolla and some
parts of the Mark Twain National Forest from being
in the Territory.  But the current circle includes some
parts of Illinois that, to be honest, most of us will
never hunt for a cache.

Comments?