[GeoStL] SLAGA NPO and Bylaws

  • From: "Jack Konecker" <jackkonecker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 17:58:16 -0500

***** NPO *****
I know that Mike as posted this before, but here it is again:

09/22/04
" SLAGA became an official Non Profit Organization
in the State of Missouri. Our articles of incorporation
were filed and processed today. We have taken the
first step in becoming a 501c corporation."

***** Bylaws *****
(I looked around geostl.com, but could not find where
the current officers and board of directors are listed.)

If anyone is interested in the SLAGA by-laws and
don't know where to find them on the geostl.com
web site, they are at:

http://www.geostl.com/mambo/content/blogsection/14/91/1/2/

Not sure what the difference is between the Board Members and
the Advisory Committee, but I think they are different.  I may actually
be a 'Member at Large', but I don't want to brag ...

Things I discovered:

* You can apply for membership by completing a written application
* All members must have an active and verified Geocaching.com account
(I know one guy that caches, is a member, but doesn't have a gc.com account)
* There is such a thing as a 'Family Membership'
* The board of directrors can suspend or expel a member.  Written notice
of the proposed action is sent by mail to the member's last address
(although, we don't collect the full mailing address on the on-line version
of our member application form, at the moment.)
* The annual meeting of the members shall be held at the Spring Picnic
each year, beginning at 4:00 o'clock P.M., for the purpose of nominating
and electing directors ...
* The fiscal year ends June 30th