[GeoStL] Re: SLAGA Geocoins Have Shipped

  • From: Glenn <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 15:45:40 -0600

-
There used to be a group in your area. It had a very nice website and
everything.  Here is a copy of the old page.
http://tinyurl.com/89to64

It was active from  april '04 to about may  '06. No one from the area
was very interested and the site was allowed to die.  Perhaps reviving
the group that is in your neck of the woods would be fun.  You would
then not be dependent on a group 100 miles away for your activities.

There is a Mid-Mo forum dedicated just to your neck of the woods on
the MoGeo forums site.  It does not see a lot of action from anyone in
your neck of the woods. I guess if the folks in your neck of the woods
wont do anything in your neck of the woods, why would anyone else's
group do so?

On Jan 9, 2009, at 2:46 PM, Michael Rogers wrote:

> -
> Look, it's a personal choice to pay the Premium Membership fee or
> not. Frankly, part of the reason I don't is because the organization
> does nothing for us out in our neck of the woods. If there was more
> involvement, sure I'd do it in a heartbeat.
> Mocking the decision to pay or not is childish.
>
> -Michael

Glenn