[GeoStL] Re: SLAGA Fall picnic - Logging

  • From: "GC-RGS" <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 18:28:32 -0500

-
Kurt, and everyone else;

Logging on the picnic event page IS NOT A PROBLEM. If you don't mind seeing
that you attended 21 events yesterday instead of 1 event and found 20
caches, no problem. The event and found caches go in the same bucket, so
your total found caches will be correct.

Jen and I are working on several ideas in which the event caches can be
logged on an actual permanent cache page. We're waiting on Glenn to get home
from work to resolve that question. If you want to log the event caches now
on the event page (like Myotis did), go for it. No problem.

These problems came from creating our LOTEC (Logs Only for Temporary Event
caches) page for MOGA and our picnic caches and caused quite a stink among
the other approvers. LOTEC is gone, archived, un-approved, and moved 1/2 way
across the world in some ocean.

Rich