[GeoStL] Rockey Hideaway STOLEN/VANDALIZED

  • From: Joe Taylor <rockey_f_squirrell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 18:39:52 -0700 (PDT)

ROCKEY HIDEAWY STOLEN!!!!!

The first log was by someone who went the wrong way, (I emailed them anbd got
an email back).  The 2nd one sort of made me make a note to check up on it
which I had planned on this weekend, to  finally remove the FLower ring and
ciggarrette.  Just been low on gast.

The last 3 emails I got all within 1 hour:  Here they are.  Not all Logs.
Wanderabout did not leave a log.  For the sake of the Cache event, I still have
a tyupperware container so I can go out there and put that in, and give it a
2nd chance.

I dont know if these are the same people who have been steeling GEO.JOE's
caches, but it sounds like the same, ammo box found on the ground by the lake.
I am waiting on an email back to find out where they found the cache box at.
They mentioned sort of an arm out onto the lake so I think I might have an idea
of the spot.

Wanderabout also notied my Official Geocache page laying on the ground as well.

Here is a copy of the Logs.

Last DNF's

--------------------

Pairaharing:
The spillway was a little too deep to cross. We weren't sure this was the
correct approach to get to the cache. We had several other caches on our list
for the day so we decided to leave this one for another day. We did take some
neat pictures of the spillway.
------------------------

CruzBike Wrote:
We had fun getting there. Rode our bikes. Spent about 45 mins. circling,
climbing & poking about with sticks with no luck. Ugh! Maybe I'll try again
another time.
cruzbike  & matrix

---------------------------
Wanderabout Wrote:
I have made several attempts to find "A Rockey Hideaway".  I think I
need another clue. I am sure I am in the right area because I found a
slip of paper on the ground with the geocaching website printed on it.
Any help would be appreciated.

------------------------------
Fox-and-bunny wrote:
Hiked in and at about .21 miles left found an empty ammo box marked
with the OG letters next to a tree by a rock on the lake purely by chance
and had a feeling it had been compromised.  continued on to cordinants
and found nothing
please check  if you cant find the box email me.  easy to find it is
one of the only rocks that is easily accessable and is right on the lake

-------------------------------

Fox-and-bunny wrote:
hey rocky-

I think your rocky hidaway cache has been compromised could you check
it please.  as my log says I did find a commo ammo box at about .21 left
off the trail to the right and set between a tree and a rock that is
acessable from land and jets out into the lake with a tree over it. The
box was empty and had the Official Geocache on the side with what looked
like vinyl letters put on before the painting.  I am not sure if this
is your box but I did continue on and searched the cliff line that the
coordinates brought me to with no avail,  maybe I missed it because the
unit did start leading me around abit
so if you could check and get aback to me i really want to find it.
then again maybe it was compromised and i am sorry to hear it.  i wish I
would have plotted a waypoint were I found the box so that I could tell
you with out a doubt but If you are familiar with the area which i am
sure you are you will find it.

Joe Taylor

ITS THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN
(Good for anytime of the Year)