[GeoStL] Re: Rivers Flooding Everywhere, enough with the water!

  • From: Bob TheCacher <cachefinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 22:01:52 -0500

What Rich said below is correct.  Obama also wants to ban all forms of GPS
tracking so people won't know that he visits the "east side".   I also heard
that he posted a No Find, and the log book said he would keep the faith anyway.

BBD1> From: gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx> To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [GeoStL]
Re: Rivers Flooding Everywhere, enough with the water! > Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008
21:50:29 -0500> > -> Jim;> > I heard Obama want to outlaw geocaching. Something
about Tupperware ruining > the environment and adding to the greenhouse
effect.> > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Jim Bensman"
<junkmailno@xxxxxxxxxxx>> To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> Sent: Wednesday, July
16, 2008 9:24 PM> Subject: [GeoStL] Re: Rivers Flooding Everywhere, enough with
the water!> > > > -> > I think it would be good to have somewhere that gives
people suggestions > > on> > how to place a cache in a place that floods. While
you can always replace> > the cache or hope for the best, some cache placers
might appreciate some> > suggestions on how to make a cache be able to
withstand a flood. I've > > seen> > many caches in places that flood right on
the ground instead of up in a> > tree. I think many people don't think about
flooding when they place > > their> > cache. Perhaps gc.com could place
something about flooding in the tips> > section.> >> > Jim Bensman> > "Nature
Bats Last"> >> > Go Obama!> >> >> -----Original Message-----> >> From:
geocaching-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:geocaching-> >> bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Glenn Nash> >> Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2008 8:51 PM> >> To:
SLAGA> >> Subject: [GeoStL] Rivers Flooding Everywhere, enough with the water!>
all> >> the disabled caches in Missouri. We generally run about 45-50 caches>
>> that are disabled. The last several months we have been up around 240> >> or
so. That is about 200 caches too many.> >>> >> I know that we have been hit
hard all over the state by flooding.> >> Around here the three rivers and our
many creeks have given all of> >> you fits and everyone has done commendable
work checking caches and> >> putting them in operation when you can.> >>> >>
The Lower Meremac areas are still swampy, the areas along the> >> mississippi
are pretty wet too. The good news is that the land> >> along the river road in
Fenton is dry, Unger Park should be good.> >> The Rangers , bikers and hikers
that are out their daily say that the> >> trail and land nad been dru for maybe
a month or more and is in good> >> shape since they were not affected by the
second round of flooding. I> >> would expect to see a whole bunch of caches
coming back online any> >> time now.> >>> >> I hope that the area out along 370
in st. charles is OK. The folks all> >> along 79, winfield, foley and
surrounding areas are wet. I haven't> >> heard much from anyone up there.> >>>
>> St. Joseph, Mo and Springfield were affected as well. I hope that> >> things
are getting back to normal over there too.> >>> >> Again, a million thanks to
everyone that has kept us regularly updated> >> about their caches and please
keep up the good work.> >>> >> Glenn> >>> >>> >>
http://www.windowslive.com/mobile/overview.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_mobile_072008