[GeoStL] Re: Reusing Event Cache pages

  • From: "Jim Bensman" <junkmailno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 18:28:29 -0600

-
I don't think anyone is upset about it.  I am not.  Sometimes there are
unforeseen consequences that causes problems.  When that happens we need to
learn from it and make adjustments and figure out the best way to do things.
We cannot do that if we don't discuss it.  We have already had one person
point out that until this was raised on this list, they did not realize it
was a new event and would not have made the event if this was not raised on
the list.  Doing it this way clearly causes problems.  RGS reusing the cache
page for Geocaching 101 made sense since under those circumstances; doing
this for Geocaching 101 does not create the problems that reusing a normal
event cache page creates.  So why he did it is understandable and I do not
think anyone thinks he would have done it that way if he had realized the
problems with doing it that way.  So let's move forward by figuring out the
best way to deal with it.  It seems like a consensus is developing that in
the future the best thing to do is create a new event page.

And thanks RGS for coordinating the picnic and all your EVIL caches.

Jim Bensman
"Nature Bats Last"