[GeoSTL] Relocating Caches

  • From: "Jim Bensman" <jbensman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 16:44:15 -0500

I went out to deal with my Lewis and Clark Cache that got flooded by the
Mississippi.  I was shocked to find the cache still there.  It was covered
with mud, full of water, and stinking to high heaven, but it was still
there!  But I still decided to relocate it to the other side of the levee so
it will never get flooded again.

What is the etiquette for relocating caches?  It seems like those who found
it in its old location should be able to find it again in its new location.
Should I archive the Lewis and Clark Cache and create a new Lewis and Clark
2 cache? Or should I just redo the directions and post a note telling people
they can relog it.  I had to relocate my LaRue Swamp Cache after finding it
was next to a water moccasin den.  In that case, I moved it about a mile and
redid the cache page.  I emailed the one person who already did it and told
him he could relog it.  The Lewis & CLark cache has been logged by 18
people.

Our NEW WebPage!   WWW.GeoStL.com
Mail List & Archive Info.
Msg. of the day, "These days, I spend a lot of time thinking about the
hereafter...
I go somewhere to get something and then wonder what I'm here after.