[GeoStL] Re: Recent cache logs

  • From: "Mike Griffin" <griff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 09:28:10 -0500

-
Opinions are like ________ well, you know the rest... However, I think that
maybe a negative post is not that bad. I would first contact the cache owner
if there is a problem rather than airing it out in the open. Honest mistakes
happen. If the cache is in a disgusting area, you are right, they don't have
to do it. However, if the cache is not maintained and it seems that the
owner of the cache is not responsive, I think it only fair to warn others..
An example might be, finding a cache where the contents are soaked and
moldy. I think a note in the log would be good until the cache owner comes
back and logs a note stating it has been taken care of. I wouldn't want to
see, "Nice Cache." and then go out and find it in a trash dump or soaked
with water. I think we should always be honest in our logs even if it is a
negative comment.

The person who posted that in your log about the Civil War cache, should
have contacted you directly. Not finding a 1/1 is pretty bad, but, then not
taking the time to email you with his concerns is even worse.

Mike