[GeoStL] Rain Proof MOGA Punch Cards Idea

  • From: "ZLA Solutions" <Zeke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 12:14:53 -0500

I've only been to one MOGA and the weather was perfect so the punch cards
survived easily. I know some people said the punch cards start to fall apart
when MOGA happens during heavy rains (2009?). A thin lamination would
probably make the cards rain proof / resistant while still letting the
punches work. But that's extra work and expense.

As a contingency plan, if rain is forecast, bring a bunch of clear packing
tape rolls and let the competitors apply tape to both sides of their cards.
The punches should still work. The cards should survive the rain. The extra
work is passed on to the competitors.

Just food for thought.

Regards,

Zeke (ZLA)