[GeoStL] Re: Quiet.. and Virtual caches

  • From: "Mike Griffin" <griff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 18:31:36 -0600

-
Good input... Here is my take on Virtual caches... I enjoy seeing things
that normally I would have never been to if it wasn't a virtual to begin
with. OK having said that, why couldn't I just as easily go to waypoints.org
and pull down the same information? The reason? Because no one seems to
input there favorite vista or valley, memorial or dedication site,
historical or extraodinary site into waypoints.org. If we could change the
mode of thinking, which, is what i think GC.COM is trying, then we would
have ONLY a cache (Micro, Traditional or Hybrid) listed on geocaching.com.

I see no reason for Virtuals if everyone would just use waypoints.org.

Now here is the downside... No credit for waypoints. I cannot list a virtual
cache on waypoints.org only a waypoint. Therefore, those who want to rack up
a million finds will be disappointed. Those who like the views and do not
worry about credit, will enjoy it..

Mike

"Insert useless tagline here"