[GeoStL] Re: Quiet???

  • From: "Wayne Lindberg" <alindb01@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 23:57:46 -0500

Team DLADL and I headed down to Nashville today to collect some of the skull
and crossbones.  Apparently, some of the locals experienced a very positive
MOGA exposure last week-end, as we encountered three folks who were first
introduced to Geocaching last weekend when their home territory was invaded
by many players.  As a rural type myself, I understand the self-patrol
mindset.  We know how far away the coppers are and check on strangers in the
area.  If they are caching or involved in benign missions, they are
welcomed.  If they are bent on trouble-making, they are asked to leave.
These folks had a good experience, stopped to chat, one fellow when phoned
by a friend climbed in his truck to come over and help us find a
quasi-missing container.  MOGA made a very good impression.  We did our best
to reinforce that impression as we roamed through the area.

Wayne