[GeoStL] Re: Questions for the group

  • From: Dan C <dcrep_gc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 12:47:17 -0500

There is no issue with carrying a GPS receiver on a plane, and with a lot of
airlines, no problem with using the GPS during flight, as long as it's not
activated during takeoff or landing.  Different carriers have different
policies regarding use during flight.

You're not allowed to check 'loose' lithium batteries in your luggage, loose
meaning not in its appropriate device.  There's no real issue with carryon
baggage.

-Dan
dcrep

To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: susanmring@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [GeoStL] Questions
for the groupDate: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 11:30:56 -0500

Hey everybody,I’m headed to San Diego for a conference this weekend and I have
some questions:1.  There are a ton of caches near the convention center/marina
and I won’t have much time.  Anybody have a recommendation for either a super
good cache or some quick and easy ones?  Difficulty factor:  HUGE
convention-lots of muggles.2.  I haven’t flown for a long time.  What’s the
scoop on GPS receivers on planes?  I don’t intend to use it on the plane-any
problem with just carrying it on with me?3.  Is there some new rule about
batteries or lithium batteries specifically?  Not OK to carry them on or not OK
to put in checked luggage?  I seem to remember reading something about this a
while back.Thanks and everyone have a great time at MOGA-wish I could join you
all.  Hope the MOGA magic charm works on the weather!Susan
http://green.msn.com/galleries/photos/photos.aspx?gid=164&ocid=T003MSN51N1653A