[GeoStL] Re: Question for the group!!!!

  • From: GC-RGS <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 15:37:53 -0600

-
Dan,

I know they've (GC.com) had some problems with the cache page maps. Most of
the problems I've seen with the map is it's correct or WAY off, like a
different country. If you zoom in on some of the maps, they may show the
cache outside of a park, when you know it's within the park. That's probably
an error with the size of the park. and just not current on the map
displaying the coords. The other thing could be the WGS84/NAD27 difference,
but you know better than that.

And Dan, speaking of topo maps, I've got some older ones here that I bought
in the early 70's from USGS in Rolla. The primary grid (red) on those seems
to be 10,000 ft. The UTM grids are small blue tick marks around the border.
Are the maps still printer that way or are the UTM grids drawn on the maps
now?

Rich