[GeoStL] Re: Question about cache separation

  • From: Dan Henke <thunder_monk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 20:50:49 -0700 (PDT)

That is the way the powers that be have it set up now....which in my humble
opinion discourages multicaches.....if you set up a multicache in a small and
sometime not so small park ...you have denied other cachers including yourself
the opportunity to set another cache in the same park because you can not set a
cache closer than .10 mile from any of the waypoints leading up to your final.
It is very discouraging to those of us who live in small communities that have
only small parks to work with....we would like to set up more caches so that we
can attract cachers to our areas but we are limited in the number we can set
out by the size of our parks. With gas prices going up and up who is going to
want to drive even 20 miles or more just to pick up ONE cache. In theory I
understand the .10 mile rule even when dealing with multis but with the cost of
caching rising with gas prices the powers that be may want to rethink those
rules for us small town people.

  Just my 2 cents worth

  Dan Thunder
Stephen Martin <faery_generic@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: