[GeoStL] Re: Question about SLAGA events

  • From: Glenn <Glenn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 07:13:03 -0500

-
Good Question,

For an event to be an event that is listed on GC.com with the attendance and temp caches logged on GC.com, it has to be open to everyone and be non-exclusionary. ie: no private invitation only gathering or "members only" sort of things. So by its nature, it would be open to anyone that can see the cache page.

If SLAGA wanted to have a private event, picnic, group hunt or whatever, then we could send out invites, talk it up in the local newsgroup and the slaga website but the temp caches and the attendance would not be loggeable as an event on the geocaching.com site since it wasn't a Groundspeak event.

I don't think I have heard of anyone doing such a thing.... Oh, yes i have. A fella in Tennessee has a "premium members" only event and caught holy he** for it. The event was a success and no one at the event complained but then the typical forum complainers and arguers started up and made a giant deal out if it. So, we dont do that anymore! So there ya have it. Everyone can attend. (if they are not too tall)

At 10:56 PM 6/9/2005, Jen wrote:

Are events that are SLAGA events open for anybody or just SLAGA members?

This is a question I was asked by a non SLAGA member who was considering the fall picnic.

Since we haven't been to many SLAGA events we didn't know the answer. So I figured I would post it to the group.

Just Curious,
Jen

---------------- Glenn, Missouri Geocachers Assoc http://www.MoGeo.com *THE* Forums for Mo & Ks. http://mogeo.ipbhost.com/index.php?

Dave's Handy Hiding Hints http://www.ratisher.com/geocache_hiding.htm