[GeoStL] Question about Multi-State Cache

  • From: Joe Taylor <rockey_f_squirrell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 23:02:05 -0700 (PDT)

First off, this is a unique situation for IL/MO, infact this is the only place
this is possible, that is what can make it so special and interesting.

I have a cache placement in mind.  On Kaskaskia Island IL.  A quick glance will
make you think it is in MO, but is runned by IL dept Natural Resources.  If I
do not get permission for anywhere on the Island, I may turn it into a multi
using that point as a Virtual Point on Kaskaskia Island, and seeing if I can
get a Cache somewhere in St mary MO - A park or somewhere similar.

If I do that, Since the actual container would be in MO, but the start point
would be on this IL Island, what state admin would have to approve it, or what
state should I list the Cache in?

St Mary is the town that has the bridge that goes over the 'Old Canal' onto
Kaskaskia Island.

Joe Taylor

ITS THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN
(Good for anytime of the Year)