[GeoStL] Re: Question about 2 Way Radios

  • From: "TKLNHL" <sydstyr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 17:39:33 -0600

... and Aldi's sells 4 packs of Kodak AA and AAA for $1.00.  Milk, bread,
cottage cheese, applesauce and batteries --  the Aldi's "must haves."

 For what we do --  the once a month or so powercache trip or running around in
the woods on a weekend -- these are perfect.  Plus, they are at the check-out
(very near the $2.99/half-dozen roses) easily tossed on the belt, paid for and
then left in the geocache stash in the trunk of the car. Done.

We're way to disorganized to have to plan ahead -- that would involve
1) FINDING the charger -- which we have -- somewhere

2) Finding the batteries -- or, oh wait  thsoe weren't the ones *I* pitched
were they... hmmmmmmmmmm

3) putting the batteries into the charger and..  here's where it gets technical
-- either turning the charger On or plugging it in....

The whole rechargable battery thing is GREAT in theory.   It's the application
and follow-thorugh that, for us, becomes a bit hairy.  I rate rechargebale
batteries right up there with media card raders .. for that to work properly,
you must remove the media card from the reader and place it back into the
digital camera BEFORE going out.    Both of these situations require grown-up
organization and planning skills, which this family have yet to develop.  I'm
still hoping I might find these in a geocache.

Nancy