[GeoStL] Re: Question about 2 Way Radios

  • From: Bernie <happykraut@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 20:41:54 -0600

-
I agree with Myotis. Get the highest mah you can find. I saw a 2000mah at the Battery Plus the other day. Bernie

Sara Carter wrote:

Duh me......I use energizer rechargeables for everything else. Silly me was thinking about getting the radios and and the rechargeable batteries that are specially made for it. I think I'll get the radios and a few more energizer rechargeables and go that right. I already use them in my GPS and almsot everything else in this house that needs batteries, so I can't believe I didn't suggest that option myself.
Will someone please come slap me already for not thinking of that.

*/Jim Bensman <jbensman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>/* wrote:

    After I got mine, I put three Nickel Hydride (1850ma) and let it
    run. I played around with it too. The low battery warning came on
    after having it on for about a continuous 48-hour stretch.

    Nickel Hydride seems to be the best kind of battery to use for
    everything—It is all I use. A charge will generally last longer
    than alikine batteries. You can get one hour chargers. I buy the
    Energizer as they are 1850 ma, Duracell are only 1800 ma.
    Rechargeable saves you lots of money.

    Jim Bensman
    "Nature Bats Last"