[GeoStL] Re: Question

  • From: Bernie <happykraut@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2005 21:08:57 -0600

-
 He had on chest waders. :-)   Bernie
Jen wrote: - While out there we checked out the Witches Cemetary and Hobo
forest. We spent 45 mins at the cemetary and never did find the cache except
lots of rocks. However we didn't totally strike out of the 5 caches we
decided to look for we found 3 out of 5 on our list for today. So we did
havea good day even with the off and on sprinkling. We will have to get back
out to Red Bluff in the summer. Just hate the bugs in summer. We didn't
consider another way in. Since it was closed we figured that people weren't
supposed to be in that area. I did read a log where it said someone got to
the cashe with out getting wet. Would like to know the secret to that one.
Thanks Jen ----- Original Message ----- From: "BruceS"
<bruces3418@xxxxxxxxx>[1]To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>[2] Sent: Sunday,
February 06, 2005 8:54 PM Subject: [GeoStL] Re: Question - This cache is one
that should not be missed whatever time of the year you go. I did it in
December by parking at the gate and riding my bicycle the mile or so down to
the river crossing. The river was over knee deep. Then a nice climb up a
trail and a crawl out to the cache. By this time jeans are frozen stiff.
Walkback down to the river crossing get good and wet and get on bicycle and
ride up hill back to car. Jeans nice and stiff by the time I got back to the
car..... At great way to end a great day of caching. It should be noted that
many places in the Mark Twain National Forest are "closed" during the
winter.This means a longer walk or a change of plans. Bruce
Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.300 / Virus Database: 265.8.5 - Release Date:
2/3/2005

--- Links ---
   1 mailto:bruces3418@xxxxxxxxx
   2 mailto:geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx