[GeoStL] Re: Quad Cities is now EVANSVILLE...

  • From: Laura Million <lmillio@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 15:21:39 -0600

-
We also managed NOT to get any traffic tickets (speeding or runing red lights
or parking illegally), NOT to get into any accidents although it was close a
couple of times, and no one got seriously hurt. Amanda (Lil' Cat) almost froze
to death clinging to a metal sculpture but that's about it.

Amanda and her friend, Katie (Lil' Sherpardess1), had a great time. Katie did
not stop talking all the way home, if you can believe that. Not a shy one that
one. Sorry, Amanda has already invited her to MOGA. (Cringe)

Thanks to Jeff Jim, and John for planning this trip.

Laur
2_cats

Quoting Jeff the Blue Bead Man <bluebeadman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> -
> Ok, have the final plans been finally finalized?  I don't think so...
>
> What a great weekend!  Nine of us found something like 93-94 caches over the
> weekend in the Evansville, IN and Owensboro, KY areas and we had a blast
> doing it!  What an interesting mix of people, thoughts, and ideas--it was
> truly a very unique experience!  Everyone from the youngest member of the
> group (13) to the eldest member (Hmm, and exactly how old will NOT be
> revealed) had a lot of fun.  We were even joined by a ghost at one point.
> And yes Katy, I do see the ghost in the webcam picture!  No one killed anyone
> else--what a relief!  The teenagers actually inspired and earned the respect,
> if not tested the patience, of the older generation.  What a great addition
> to the trip!  Opposites actually came together to find a bunch of caches over
> the three days.  I am very proud to have been a part of such an interesting
> trip.  Thanks Team SLAGA!  We'll do it again sometime soon in Quad Cities!
>
> Now, everyone have their GPS or do we need to go back to that U of Southern
> Indiana forest to find it again???  :-P  Good, all GPS units found.  And
> who's turn is it to run a red light?  Oh wait, all THREE vehicles have done
> that--go figure!
>
> -Jeff, the Blue Bead Man
>
> -Jeff, the Blue Bead Man

Laura Million