[GeoStL] Quad Cities Trip

  • From: Jeff the Blue Bead Man <bluebeadman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 14:50:30 -0600 (GMT-06:00)

-
Laura is correct about the Quad Cities Cache Trip over Memorial Day Weekend; we
might as well make it official.  We'll leave Fri, May 23 to head towards the
Quad Cities area.  We will cache on the way up to the area, cache all day on
Sat and Sun.  Then we will cache on the way back home on Monday, May 26.  I
might personally break off from the group on Monday to go on a northern caching
run after the Quad Cities trip since I will be officially on summer break by
that point, but most people will return to St. Louis on Monday.  I am thinking
of turning the Quad Cities cache run into another "Caching and Camping Event"
like the one I hosted at Table Rock Lake this past summer.  That would mean
some of us would be camping and others might be in a nearby hotel.  Of course,
we would put together a true "crackerbarrel" campfire or something like that so
that we can all sit around and discuss caching one (or all) evening(s).  By
hosting one true "official caching" get together/discussion/TB Swap/etc at some
point during the weekend, we could hopefully create an actual loggable event
out of the trip.  So we are on for a Memorial Day Cache Run to Quad Cities.  I
know that the "SLAGA powers that be" are watching and responding to this list;
any way we can add this event to the calendar on the main page?  THANKS!  Hope
to see you in Quad Cities over the Memorial Day weekend!

-Jeff, the Blue Bead Man